You are here

HISTORY  TRENS SK, a. s.

  • 2011 - TRENS SK, Joint Stock Company
  • 1998 - TRENS, Joint Stock Company
  • 1992 - TOS Trenčín, Joint Stock Company
  • 1963 - TOS Trenčín, National Enterprise
  • 1962 - Machine Tools Production – main production program Own research & development department
  • 1951 - Beginning of machine tools (lathes) and special equipment production
  • 1946 - OMNIA – Engineering and automotive production. Production of agricultural and food-processing machines
  • 1937 - Establishment of the factory (company WALTER) - aircraft engines production

 

1992

1995

1998

2012

History of the company dates back to 1937, when Czech company WALTER decided to move production of aircraft engines to Slovakia. In the following decades the production program as well as use of factory buildings have changed from warehouses to overhauling works, production of agricultural and food industry machines and appliances to production of military equipment and machine tools. Milestone in the corporate history were the years 1951-1952, when the production of universal center lathes began. Since that time the company has been focusing only on the production of machine tools. Significant growth of machine tools production was recorded in 1962 when the own Research & Development department for machine tools was established. Legal form of state ownership has changed several times up to independent state factory in 1989-1992.

In 1963-1998 the company operated under the brand name TOS Trenčín. In April 1998 the change of the brand name to TRENS, a. s. was approved. Even though TRENS had to give up using the brand „TOS“, tradition of high quality of machine tools, their technical excellence and long lifetime remain the main priority of the company.

Since 2011 the company acts under the changed brand name TRENS SK, a.s.